Employer: Spire Global Inc.
- Founded: 2012
- Location: San Francisco
- Funding: Series B. $66.5M total funding.
- Company size: 120 world wide
- Engineering team size: 65 world wide. Currently 9 at SF, would like to hire 7-10 more.
- Tech Stack: Current Tech stack: Python, C, C++, AWS, Ansible
- Visa: can sponsor quick transfer, but no lengthy new visa application
- Links: Crunchbase
Spire (San Francisco) is a satellite-powered data company that tackles business challenges with data solutions for organizations. We own the entire stack from custom hardware to customer APIs with a large and rapidly expanding constellation of satellites and ground stations:
- space program
- a very broad and deep engineering team that isn't just limited to software
- we have a product that is in operation
- our team is growing fast and is at a really exciting interesting inflection point where we're moving from being feature focused to upping the quality and scale of everything
- Python, C/C++
- 30m- 1 hour phone screen
- 4-6 hours on site interview
Position 1: Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
We’re looking for several senior software developers to help automate one of the largest constellation of spacecraft ever created, the Spire Space Program, and would love to talk to you about joining our team of engineers and scientists in software, electrical, mechanical, super computing, RF, orbital dynamics, etc. The company is based in SF and has already launched >30 spacecraft and is on track to reach a steady state of over 100.
What will you be working on: the software that automates the operation of a constellation targeting 100+ spacecraft and 30+ ground stations. Control of the space bus, and pipelines for our different payloads: ship tracking (AIS), weather tracking (RO), aircraft tracking (ADS-B).
- Must have: Python
- Almost must have: C or C++
- Must be flexible with the projects and do whatever needed to deliver the product. Since Spire is building a complex Satellite system, it requires the engineer to work on many different areas and have the ability to troubleshoot complex systems end to end.
- Strong CS fundamentals (operating system, network, data structure, etc) is required to be successful.
- No bootcamp candidates.
- Comp: target mid market rate, $170K.
- Example type of companies:
- Hard tech: VMware, Docker, Netapps, Cisco
- Operate at large scale: Netflix, Uber