- Location: San Francisco, (625 Market St. #500)
- Founded: 2014
- Stage: Series A (raised $10.75M)
- Company size: 10-50
- Tech Stack: Ruby, jQuery, React, PostgresSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Heroku
Fountain (prev. OnboardIQ) is the hiring platform for hourly workers.
Fountain helps hundreds of retail, restaurant, delivery, and hospitality companies hire at speed and scale.
Many of the world's largest and most forward-thinking companies, such as Uber, Safeway, Deliveroo, and Caviar, rely on Fountain to power its massive employee hiring and contractor vetting operations, across 50 countries and 700 cities.
Visit us at Fountain.com to learn more.
Position 1: Lead OR Senior/Principal Backend Rails Engineer
Fountain is looking for a lead engineer who cares about solving the inefficiencies in the modern workforce and is excited about breaking the status quo of an old, static industry. We're looking to bring on our first engineering hires to help us scale to every serious hourly-work employer in the world — and you'll be leading that team.
You'll be on the front-lines of building a product that thousands of applicants touch each day, working with a top-notch team, and ideating constantly to get new customers. As we scale, your frameworks will dictate how our engineering team operates at 10 and 100 people.
- 4+ years of experience
- 2+ years working with Ruby on Rails
- Must have worked on production code (internal AND external system's strongly preferred)
- Good knowledge of object-oriented patterns
- Experience with PostgresSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
Position 2: VP of Sales
You will partner closely with the CEO and COO as part of the executive team, and own top-line company growth. You will be responsible for closing marquee accounts, recruiting and managing a stellar sales organization, building a repeatable sales process, and cultivating a winning culture.
- Have experience being part of successful early stage sales organization, growing from $1-2m ARR to $10-15m ARR, whether as an individual contributor or sales leader.
- Proven enterprise sales experience. Closed at least $2m ARR in career lifetime, with largest deal at least $400k. Ideal average deal sizes above $100k.
- Willing to serve as player-coach and being responsible for individual close quota while building out playbook.
- Managed team of at least 5 sales members previously.
- HR rolodex would be plus. History as early sales members from recent SaaS successes such as Looker, Hubspot, Bullhorn, Gainsight, Box, etc. would be a plus.
- Accountability - possesses the ability to develop stretch goals which are objective, easily understood, and tied to metrics. Effectively communicates goals to their team and the broader organization. Inspires team to meet or exceed the stated goals and effectively deals with under performers and appropriately recognizes those who meet or exceed their goals.
- Responsibility - possesses an attitude of ownership for not only their goals and functional area, but also the entire enterprise. Readily goes beyond what is necessary to succeed in their specific role and does whatever is necessary to move the entire business forward.
- Transparency - embraces the concept of openness of information and action. Effectively collaborates with all levels of the organization by engaging in effective dialogue within the business and with external stakeholders.
Position 3: Recruiter
Hands on recruiter to hire new employees while setting up hiring process.
Fountain (San Francisco) - Series A, VP of Sales - ON HOLD - Early stage sales experience. Proven enterprise sales experience. Player-coach role initially. Past management experience 20+ people. Grew sales from $2M to $50M.