Employer: Flexport - ON HOLD
- Location: San Francisco
- Founded: 2013
- Stage: Series B, $94M total funding
- Investors: Peter Thiel, First Round Capital, and YCombinator, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Bloomberg BETA
- Company size: 350
- Engineering size: 50
- Tech Stack: React, Flux, Rails, Python, Postgres, AWS
- Visa: Sponsorship ok
Flexport is a platform for global trade in an industry that comprises 12% of the global GDP. We are the first licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern tech stack. We help the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. At Flexport you’ll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
- The opportunity to define engineering culture on a small team of less than 30
- Meaningful equity in a startup growing their business 20% every month
- Product ownership - take autonomy over core products & product features
- “Flexport is one of those rare companies that will not merely satisfy its market but grow it”— Paul Graham, Y Combinator
- Glassdoor: 4.3
Flexport has many openings that all require the following requirements
- Smart experienced engineers that can code in many languages
- Problem Solvers
- Bias for Action in a fast paced environment
- Product first approach to building software.
Flexport (San Francisco) - Series B, $94M Funding, Senior Data Scientist - (Data) (Scientist | Analyst), 3 - 5 years experience & Exceptional Analytic ability. Bias for value-creation. Visa transfer OK.
Flexport (San Francisco) - Series B, $94M Funding, Back End Engineer - (Ruby | Python | Node.js | Java), 8 years experience & Strong coding and fundamental CS skills. Strong sense of system design. Visa transfer OK.
Flexport (San Francisco) - Series B, $94M Funding, Sr Data Scientist - 3-5 years experience in a Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role doing A/B testing for Product Development. Visa transfer OK.