- Location: San Francisco
- Founded: 2015
- Company Size: 16
- Engineering Size: 5 (to grow to 12 by end of the year)
- Stage: Seed, $3.5M
- Tech Stack: React / Redux, Node.js, PostgresSQL
- Investors: Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, SV Angel
- Visa: Visa sponsorship available
Captain401 is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors including Y Combinator, SoftTech VC, SV Angel, Joe Montana, Jacob Gibson (co-founder of NerdWallet), and Greg Brockman (former CTO of Stripe).
We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Position 1: Software Engineer (Full Stack)
- Minimum Requirements:
- 3+ years post college experience
- CS degree strongly desirable, top bootcamp candidate OK
- SQL (ideally Postgres)
- Nice to have:
- Compensation (Recruiter Only)
- Cash: $110-$150K
- Equity: 0.15%-0.4%
- Interview Process (Recruiter Only)
- Send resume directly to the CTO - 1-2 day response
- Target timeline to offer: 1-2 weeks if candidate schedule flexible
- 1st call: With CTO with high level algorithm question
- 2nd call (45m): coding test using coderpad. Typical interview question manipulate data.
- On-site interview:
- 1.5 hour technical interview - coding (can google for help)
- 1 hr coding interview
- 1 hr interview with a product manager discussing a potential task using a real agile process ticket
Position 2: QA Test Automation Engineer (Lead)
- Techstack is React & Node.js. They would consider Sr QA automation engineer who does not have direct React and Node.js experience but has the capability and desire to learn.
- The person will be the only QA automation engineer, so there is no one to teach the person what to do. It's a single member lead position.
- Selenium experience is required. Ideally also Enzyme (react testing)
- The person needs to be a developer - can write the code to develop the automation tools. This is not a manual QA testing role. Coding test will be part of the interview process.
- Ideally, the person can do devops also.